Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Love is in the Air" layouts by Yvette Adams

I live in Canberra with my husband and daughter and I work part time in the Public Service.  I discovered scrapbooking nine years ago when I saw my youngest sister's album.  She took me to my first scrapbooking shop and I've been passionate about this hobby ever since!  I scrapbook photos of all different eras - current photos, photos of my childhood, my parents' youth and heritage photos.  I love to record stories in my scrapbooks so journalling is very important to me.  On that note - look out for my article in the next issue of Scrapbooking Memories!  I have had work published in all Aussie scrapbooking magazines and several international publications.  I am on several design teams which has really helped me to be more creative with my work.

Use decorative scissors to cut around the heart shape.  
Just like any other paper you can use punches on the velvet paper.  I've used a Fiskars border punch on this layout and a circle punch on the CHEEKY layout.  











Hand draw a frame shape on the back of the velvet paper, cut it out and place your photo on top.











Apply rub-ons over paper, felt, photo, ribbon etc to link elements together.




Make a Valentine's card with your leftovers!










3 comments:

Chris Millar said...

Gorgeous work with the kit Yvette!!

Anonymous said...

Yvette, what great pages!

Anonymous said...

Hello you!! Love your work (as always!!) & gr8 tips. ;]