Monday, February 16, 2009

"Love Is In the Air" projects by Kellie Cavenett

Here are some more projects with the "Love Is In the Air" kit.

Don't forget that 25% off all our sales is going to the Red Cross Victorian Fire Appeal.


"40 Years" - I used a flower craft punch with the pink velvet paper and then traced around a  chipboard flower onto the charcoal velvet paper to create the bottom layer of the flower. The center is a circle punched from the charcoal velvet, and then a rubon from the sheet applied.

On the "Our Girl" layout, I have trimmed around the edge of the Poppy cardstock with a scalloped border punch so that it matches more closely to the #1 Boy layout.

"#1 Boy" - I used the charcoal velvet paper to create a pleated strip underneath the photo.  It is stiff enough to just fold and hold it's shape.  I also punched a heart from the velvet charcoal. 

I haven't journalled on any of these three layouts as they are all going into frames.



The "True Love" card is made with a piece of white cardstock, and then I have used the packaging from the Epoxy stickers to create the grey background, and the grey rectangle.  I made the small gift cards with a 6x3" piece of white cardstock and scraps of paper.  The hearts are punched with a Fiskars heart punch, the grey one, being from the charcoal velvet paper and trimming around the negative image. 

5 comments:

Yvette Adams said...

I loved seeing what you did with the kit Kellie! It all looks gorgeous!

Chris Millar said...

Beautiful work Kell!! I love how we've each done something different with the kit - it's a very versatile kit!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto from me.

Felicity said...

Woowser love these cards. Just beautiful.

Marion Werren said...

Dont' you just love those Die-cuts. Woo hoo! Will have to go have a look at one everyone else has done.

Marion